Dealing with bullies at work?

Heatman

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Some people face a very difficult challenge at their workplace as a result of having bullies lurking around all the time looking for who to make their life miserable at work.

Have you ever had to deal with bullies at your workplace? What's the experience like?

I've been extremely lucky, though I did have one issue at my first job that ended with the female fired, loved ruining her life.

I've been extremely lucky, though I did have one issue at my first job that ended with the female fired, loved ruining her life.
She must have been a real pain in the ass for you to feel that way about her getting fired :madlaugh:

Some people face a very difficult challenge at their workplace as a result of having bullies lurking around all the time looking for who to make their life miserable at work.

Have you ever had to deal with bullies at your workplace? What's the experience like?

For every place that I have ever worked, I try to create a balance at work. I don't like to mingle too much with anyone to avoid people coming too close. This is one of the techniques that I have used to handle cases of bullies at work.

For every place that I have ever worked, I try to create a balance at work. I don't like to mingle too much with anyone to avoid people coming too close. This is one of the techniques that I have used to handle cases of bullies at work.
Bullies don't usually care if you're minding your own business with doing your work. They will always be looking for ways to intimate you.

My one manager seems like a bully to me but for the most part, I would tend to bully just because of the work I do and the people I get to make mad over things that aren't in my control like prices and availability of certain items.

I used to have a supervisor who would micromanage me, then try to bully me.. (I would just come into work and do my regular job, nothing else, no extra duties) Some of my coworkers have witnessed it, then gained evidence from it. Filed a grievance against her, and then she ended up quitting her job last month (Feb). Says she couldn't handle the pressure anymore and not work anymore, just be a home maker. (as she said) The leadership at my work already spilled the truth, the grievances filed against her were serious. I guess I wasn't the only one she was bullying...

I used to have a supervisor who would micromanage me, then try to bully me.. (I would just come into work and do my regular job, nothing else, no extra duties) Some of my coworkers have witnessed it, then gained evidence from it. Filed a grievance against her, and then she ended up quitting her job last month (Feb). Says she couldn't handle the pressure anymore and not work anymore, just be a home maker. (as she said) The leadership at my work already spilled the truth, the grievances filed against her were serious. I guess I wasn't the only one she was bullying...
She must have had some sort of mental illness that had her being that way to a lot of workers. It's a good thing she's off your trail.

She must have had some sort of mental illness that had her being that way to a lot of workers. It's a good thing she's off your trail.
yeah I found out from another coworker that she has a thing where she likes to pick on the 'weak' for no reason (in her eyes).

I haven't had the unfortunate luck to deal with a bully at work but even if I did, I will know know how to put the person in his or her place.

I never had to deal with being bullied because if someone tried to bully me I would either fight them after work or they would back down and never bother me again. And yes I did get my butt kicked twice but they never bothered me again.

I never had to deal with being bullied because if someone tried to bully me I would either fight them after work or they would back down and never bother me again. And yes I did get my butt kicked twice but they never bothered me again.
My ear is itching to hear what happened about when you had your butt kicked twice. Was it asss kicking from the same person or different people?

I have not had to deal with bullies at any place of work when I used to work away from home but I did used to suffer bullying back when I was in school in my earlier years.

I always remember when I did get bullied, I hated going to school and even dealing with the bullying.

I have not had to deal with bullies at any place of work when I used to work away from home but I did used to suffer bullying back when I was in school in my earlier years.

I always remember when I did get bullied, I hated going to school and even dealing with the bullying.
It's always worse at school. I've never seen any school without bullies. I wonder who to blame for kids who turned into bullies.

Back